University of San Carlos (USC) believes it is important to protect your privacy and USC is committed to give you a personalized service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how USC may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains the basis upon which USC will hold, process and use any personal data that you provide to USC. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions. USC may amend this policy from time to time, in which case USC will publish the amended version on its web site.
Registration, Accounts and Passwords
When required to use a password to access any part of the USC web site, you agree to:
- ensure that any details supplied to USC in order to register for such access are accurate and that you are to promptly update in the event that any such details change; and
- keep confidential any personal password and to be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of any such password by any third party.
USC reserves the right to terminate your access to password-protected parts of the USC web site if USC considers that you are using its web site in a manner detrimental to USC or to other users.
Using Your Personal Information
- USC will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- help identify accounts and services which you have with USC;
- help administer, and contact you about events and services USC provides;
- carry out marketing analysis and member; and help prevent and detect fraud.
USC may allow other people and organizations to use information USC holds about you for the purpose of providing Services you have asked for, or if USC has been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
USC may use “cookies” to monitor how people use the USC web site. This helps USC to understand traffic and behavioral statistical information – how its members and visitors use this web site so USC can develop and improve the design, layout and function of its site. USC collects non-personal information regarding customer usage of its site.
Access to USC Services is restricted. Please remember that while USC makes every reasonable effort to protect your privacy, USC cannot guarantee it. Further, the USC web mail should not be used for the discussion or dissemination of sensitive material.
Any dispute arising out of the accessing or use of the USC web site shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Philippine courts.