The use of the University of San Carlos (USC) web site and its Services is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. By accessing any portion of this web site, you manifest your agreement to such terms and conditions. USC may amend these terms and conditions at any time and any revised version that it is displayed on the USC web site will take effect immediately.
1. Academic Program Information
The information given on this site describes the programs USC offers. However, USC reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice the individual programs, fees, and facilities available from or provided by USC.
The prospectuses for undergraduate and graduate programs are produced by USC to help you choose your course of study. The online versions of such prospectuses are intended only as a guide and do not take precedence over printed versions. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the prospectuses but they may be subject to change without notice. USC reserves the right to vary the content of the course and to discontinue or merge courses where USC deems this necessary.
2. Registration, Accounts and Passwords
Certain USC Services and related features may require registration. USC Services means any service provided by USC for use by its community and members including but not limited to quick search, job applications, and web mail. Should you choose to register for such Services or related features, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself as required by the relevant registration process, and to promptly update such information as necessary to ensure that it is kept accurate and complete. You agree to be responsible for:
- (a) maintaining the confidentiality of any password or other account identifiers which you choose or are assigned as a result of any registration; and
- (b) all activities that occur under such password or account. Further, you agree to notify USC of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
3. Rules and Conduct
In consideration of the availability, and your use of the Services, it is inadmissible to:
- (a) post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use USC or any of its Services in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the USC web site;
- (b) defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- (c) post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- (d) post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information or software which contains a virus, trojan horse, worm or any other harmful or disruptive component;
- (e) upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, link to or otherwise distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained from the USC web site, or any derivative work thereof, which is protected by copyright, or any other intellectual property right, without obtaining permission from USC;
- (f) interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Services; and
- (g) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected, through password mining or any other means.
4. Web Mail
USC allows one USC web mail account per individual. It is provided to individuals and for personal use only. You acknowledge and agree that you may only use the USC web mail to send and receive personal messages only. Any unauthorized commercial use of the USC web mail is expressly prohibited. You are solely responsible for your content and acknowledge that USC web mail act as a passive conduit for the transmission of your data. The amount of web mail storage space is limited. Some web mail messages may not be processed due to space constraints or outbound message limitations.
5. Member Privacy
USC respects the privacy of its members. USC will not monitor or disclose any private e-mail message or address information, including its contents, without prior permission from the member unless required by legitimate administrative purpose. You agree that USC may access your account, including its contents, as stated above or to respond to service or technical issues.
USC reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or cease to supply any service contained in this web site. In the event that such removal takes place, we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for such removal.
7. Dealings with Third Parties
You acknowledge and agree that your correspondence with any third parties, including any merchants or advertisers, found on, or through, the USC web site or any of its Services, including payment for and delivery of related goods and services, and all other terms, conditions, representations and warranties related to such dealings, are solely as between you and such third parties. Further, the responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws in connection with any such transactions shall be the user’s alone.
8. Downloads and Shareware
Certain downloads and shareware are made available to you by third parties subject to the terms and conditions made available to you during the software installation process. You agree that it is your responsibility to review and evaluate any such software and the related terms and conditions, and that all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, such software rests with you. You further agree that USC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any such software, including the failure of such software to meet your needs, standards, expectations or specifications.
9. Links to other Web Sites
Other pages linked to the main web site, or which have a USC address, may have been published by faculties, staff, colleges, departments, or students in their professional or personal capacity. USC will not be held liable for the content of any web site not under its direct control or for any consequences arising out of or in connection with accessing such web sites.
Certain (hypertext) links will lead you to other web sites. Such links to other sites are provided only for the convenience of visitors to the USC web site. USC is not responsible for the content of other sites and does not necessarily support the views they express or guarantee the accuracy of the information they provide.
Great care and caution has been taken by the members of the USC Website Development Office to make this website as complete, accurate, and fair as possible. Still, we believe we are not liable for any inadvertent errors that may cause harm or loss to any person, group, or institution. Many of the information featured here come from different sources and all inquiries or complaints sent here regarding them will immediately be sent back to their original authors for appropriate action. For space constraints, grammar, and other considerations, we reserve the right to edit all materials submitted to this website.
USC reserves all rights, including copyright, in the content, design and technical infrastructure of this web site. Copyright exists in all original material published on the web site by the web team, administration, faculty, staff or students of the University and may belong to the author or to USC depending on the circumstances of publication.
Material contained in the USC web site may be viewed, downloaded and printed for personal non-commercial use only. No part of the web site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, unless otherwise stated, without the prior written consent of USC.
12. Changes to Terms and Conditions
USC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the web site. It is your responsibility to review the web site terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this web site after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.